FEEL FREE TO DOWNLOAD/COPY OR PRINT UPDATE WHEN I GOT FREE TIME! IF NEED TO REQUEST FOR MANTRA FEEL FREE AND I WILL PROVIDE IF I GOT IT. DO NOTE FOR JAPA/REPETITION MANTRA FORMULAE PLEASE GET IT FROM A MONK. THIS IS FOR BUDDHIST!

WITH METTA & THANK YOU! Where's the equality for all genders?

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Verses in Celebration of the Buddha


(LEADER):
Handa mayaṃ buddhābhigītiṃ karoma se:
Now let us chant in celebration of the Buddha:
(ALL):
[Buddh'vārahanta]-varatādiguṇābhiyutto,
The Buddha, endowed with such virtues as highest worthiness:
Suddhābhiñāṇa-karuṇāhi samāgatatto,
In him, purity, supreme knowledge, & compassion converge.
Bodhesi yo sujanataṃ kamalaṃ va sūro,
He awakens good people like the sun does the lotus.
Vandām'ahaṃ tam-araṇaṃ sirasā jinendaṃ.
I revere with my head that Peaceful One, the Conqueror Supreme.
Buddho yo sabba-pāṇīnaṃ
Saraṇaṃ khemam-uttamaṃ.
The Buddha who for all beings is the secure, the highest refuge,
Paṭhamānussatiṭṭhānaṃ
Vandāmi taṃ sirenahaṃ,
The first theme for recollection: I revere him with my head.
Buddhassāhasmi dāso (WOMEN: dāsī) va
Buddho me sāmikissaro.
I am the Buddha's servant, the Buddha is my sovereign master,
Buddho dukkhassa ghātā ca
Vidhātā ca hitassa me.
The Buddha is a destroyer of suffering & a provider of welfare for me.
Buddhassāhaṃ niyyādemi
Sarīrañjīvitañcidaṃ.
To the Buddha I dedicate this body & this life of mine.
Vandanto'haṃ (Vandantī'haṃ) carissāmi
Buddhasseva subodhitaṃ.
I will fare with reverence for the Buddha's genuine Awakening.
N'atthi me saraṇaṃ aññaṃ,
Buddho me saraṇaṃ varaṃ:
I have no other refuge, the Buddha is my foremost refuge:
Etena sacca-vajjena,
Vaḍḍheyyaṃ satthu-sāsane.
By the speaking of this truth, may I grow in the Teacher's instruction.
Buddhaṃ me vandamānena (vandamānāya)
Yaṃ puññaṃ pasutaṃ idha,
Sabbe pi antarāyā me,
Māhesuṃ tassa tejasā.
Through the power of the merit here produced by my reverence for the Buddha, may all my obstructions cease to be.
(BOW DOWN AND SAY):
Kāyena vācāya va cetasā vā, Buddhe kukammaṃ pakataṃ mayā yaṃ,
Buddho paṭiggaṇhatu accayantaṃ,
Kālantare saṃvarituṃ va buddhe.
Whatever bad kamma I have done to the Buddha
by body, by speech, or by mind,
may the Buddha accept my admission of it,
so that in the future I may show restraint toward the Buddha.

No comments:

Post a Comment