FEEL FREE TO DOWNLOAD/COPY OR PRINT UPDATE WHEN I GOT FREE TIME! IF NEED TO REQUEST FOR MANTRA FEEL FREE AND I WILL PROVIDE IF I GOT IT. DO NOTE FOR JAPA/REPETITION MANTRA FORMULAE PLEASE GET IT FROM A MONK. THIS IS FOR BUDDHIST!

WITH METTA & THANK YOU! Where's the equality for all genders?

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Verses in Celebration of the Dhamma


(LEADER):
Handa mayaṃ dhammābhigītiṃ karoma se:
Now let us chant in celebration of the Dhamma:
(ALL):
[Svākkhātatā]diguṇa-yogavasena seyyo,
Superior, through having such virtues as being well-expounded,
Yo magga-pāka-pariyatti-vimokkha-bhedo,
Divided into Path & Fruit, study & emancipation,
Dhammo kuloka-patanā tadadhāri-dhārī.
The Dhamma protects those who hold to it from falling into miserable worlds.
Vandām'ahaṃ tama-haraṃ vara-dhammam-etaṃ.
I revere that foremost Dhamma, the destroyer of darkness.
Dhammo yo sabba-pāṇīnaṃ
Saraṇaṃ khemam-uttamaṃ.
The Dhamma that for all beings is the secure, the highest refuge,
Dutiyānussatiṭṭhānaṃ
Vandāmi taṃ sirenahaṃ,
The second theme for recollection: I revere it with my head.
Dhammassāhasmi dāso (dāsī) va
Dhammo me sāmikissaro.
I am the Dhamma's servant, the Dhamma is my sovereign master,
Dhammo dukkhassa ghātā ca
Vidhātā ca hitassa me.
The Dhamma is a destroyer of suffering & a provider of welfare for me.
Dhammassāhaṃ niyyādemi
Sarīrañjīvitañcidaṃ.
To the Dhamma I dedicate this body & this life of mine.
Vandanto'haṃ (Vandantī'haṃ) carissāmi
Dhammasseva sudhammataṃ.
I will fare with reverence for the Dhamma's genuine rightness.
N'atthi me saraṇaṃ aññaṃ,
Dhammo me saraṇaṃ varaṃ:
I have no other refuge, the Dhamma is my foremost refuge:
Etena sacca-vajjena,
Vaḍḍheyyaṃ satthu-sāsane.
By the speaking of this truth, may I grow in the Teacher's instruction.
Dhammaṃ me vandamānena (vandamānāya)
Yaṃ puññaṃ pasutaṃ idha,
Sabbe pi antarāyā me,
Māhesuṃ tassa tejasā.
Through the power of the merit here produced by my reverence for the Dhamma, may all my obstructions cease to be.
(BOW DOWN AND SAY):
Kāyena vācāya va cetasā vā,
Dhamme kukammaṃ pakataṃ mayā yaṃ,
Dhammo paṭiggaṇhatu accayantaṃ,
Kālantare saṃvarituṃ va dhamme.
Whatever bad kamma I have done to the Dhamma
by body, by speech, or by mind,
may the Dhamma accept my admission of it,
so that in the future I may show restraint toward the Dhamma.

No comments:

Post a Comment